Friday, September 23, 2016

Maja Designs is having a challenge for September which is inspired by this amazing moodboard emblazoned with rich autumnal colors. I couldn't resist, so I perused my precious collections and found some beautiful papers to coordinate with the moodboard.

I created this card first using many spellbinders dies and lots of layers (at least 10 of them) to give the card tons of dimension. I wanted to do a card without flowers this time and I wanted to compensate with scrolls and flourishes to give it a regal look.  I also hand stitched on the card for some extra softness.

Next I created a tag for a friend to be used as a wall hanging/autumn decoration and the reverse has a pocket with a card inside so it is like a card and gift in one. For this tag/card, I did many layers again and added a gorgeous altered chipboard piece that I inked and crackle finished with a touch of glitter added before it dried. I also hand died the seam binding ribbon and cheesecloth. This time I added some beautiful flowers to round everything out.
On the reverse, I created a die cut pocket with hand stitching. I then made a card to fit inside the pocket with layers of beautiful Maja paper and some hand stamping. I finished the details off with some liquid pearls here and there.
This is the opened card showing the stamping.
\
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my designs for the September Maja Moodboard Challenge!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects!!! Love all the layers on the card, so perfectly done! And the tag/card/stunning keepsake is simply marvelous!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project!
    Thank you so much Lainie for your kind comment.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete